• Show
Clear All

• KOR-FX Reviews: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard VR

Click image for larger version

Name:	tVGG_8577.png
Views:	2
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	1804

Resident Evil is finally back, and what better way to make it more terrifying than with VR? I decided to get the game and test it out with the PSVR headset and the KOR-FX vest. “How scary can it be? It’s just a game, but with a little more immersion.” Spoiler alert, I was wrong. So, so wrong. Being a horror game wimp, I should have known that making it through the first minutes would be near impossible, but I decided to take a crack at it anyways.

After I had the PSVR connected, I set my vest up (tutorial for this can be found here: korfx.com/start) and put the settings to what I usually feel comfortable with:
    The vibration amplitude is set to high (The up and down keys on the vest turning either the amplitude up and down accordingly)
    Filter mode is set to Filter 2 (Pressing the mode button will change the filter, having the biggest range on Filter 3 and lowest on Filter 1)
    The Dongle's settings:
    Input Volume 6 (0-9)

Name:	Resident-Evil-7-Shot-05.jpg
Size:	439.3 KB
ID:	1800

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	1802

The game tortures you with perfectly timed jump scares, leaving you paranoid at every noise or footstep you hear behind you. As I started walking around, I couldn’t help but feel like I was truly heading toward the nightmare that is the Dulvey plantation. I could feel ever footstep pulsing through my chest, and my character’s heartbeat rapidly increasing to an unhealthy level. No wait, that last one was just me.
    I could also feel every weapon waving in my face, the impact of hands pushing me to the ground, and the vibration from a chainsaw whose goal was to make sure I didn’t leave in one piece. The feedback from the vest also made the revenge of beating those monsters that much sweeter.

Name:	baker-resident-evil-7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	1805

Long story short, if you are a horror junkie and enjoy VR I HIGHLY recommend playing this game with the KOR-FX vest. It sets a whole new level of expectation when it comes to immersion and makes your experience with the game much more powerful.
    Attached Files

Nice post Jessica and I agree,
    wellmade horrorgames like these work so nicely together with the KOR-FX Gaming vest since the soundeffects are designed to scare you.
    When you can feel those sounds playing at night it just brings you deeper into the game being as nervous as the character is.

Comment

• Jessica
      Jessica commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Rhino!
Working...
X